Friday, January 14, 2011

Vintage Valentines

I read a post last year about vintage valentines, and I knew I had to have some.  I bought these on ebay in November. I paid $12 and got a grouping of 26 valentines.  I can't tell you how much I love these.  The pictures and the silly sayings just warm my heart. Notice the cowboy above, it says "WHOOP IT UP VALENTINE!...I CRAVE ACTION." I LOVE IT. 

I made some little holders out of old blocks and scrapbook paper.  I glued the paper onto the blocks, sanded the edges, applied some gel stain and drilled a small hole in the top.  Then using left over wire from the fairy wings and my old jewelry pliers, I made some little wire stands. I'm kinda loving these too.  They were an easy, cheap and fun project.  

I've scattered the valentines through the house. 


My son loves looking at the tank. 

"The Mower I think of you the more I like you, Valentine" What?




It's been fun to have people look through them laugh at the ones that don't make sense and choose a favorite. 


The rest of our Valentines Day Decor is pretty much the same as last year. I hope it's looks tasteful, I worry after reading this post and this post, at Just a Girl. I shouldn't care cause I like it. 

Visit thecsiproject.com

21 comments:

Erin said...

definitely not over done! I think your home looks perfect. I really love the vintage valentines. That is a great idea!

Mama Gone Green said...

Love those!

Jonathan and Raechel said...

Very tastefully done! I love those sparkle hearts!

the sleepy time gal said...

oh my goodness! love your blog-- and the vintage valentines.

Esther Asbury said...

Just found your blog through Take A Look Tuesday --- enjoying it!
Love these Vintage Valentines -- so cute ---love the little blocks you made to hold them as well!

Sarah Jackman said...

I love these! Your stands are super cute too...

Unknown said...

LOVE those vintage Valentines! I also think your V-Day mantle is absolutely adorable!

Jacy said...

What a GREAT idea!! I wish those babies were mine!! WOW, so cute!

Rachel B. said...

I really really love your mantle. I've been trying to figure out how to decorate my own and I may just copy yours!

Two Dollars said...

yep, now I need vintage valentines. I had already decided this past year that for Christmas I will focus on vintage. Now maybe it appears I should do vintage for all holidays :)
-Stefanie
2ndChanceCreations.etsy.com

Margaret said...

What a beautiful blog you have... So many wonderful creations, you are such an inspiration! I love all these ideas for Valentines Day

KB said...

I love these! Such a wonderful idea and so much fun. Now I am off to search for vintage valentines

Unknown said...

Love the vintage valentines!!! Your idea with the blocks is so creative, and it looks really good!! Thanks for a great idea

carla said...

This is my first time to visit, I think I got here from your comment on Smile Monsters, but I'm not sure. There's been a lot of blog-hopping on my computer this morning.

What a wonderful valentine's post! I love the vintage cards and your display idea is clever. I'm bookmarking your site in my craft blogs folder.

mE aNd mY tℎrIfTy IdEas said...

Oh my gosh! I absolutely adore all of these! Your mantle looks awesome! The Xo is gorgeous! Great job!

Jess@craftiness is not optional said...

k, totally in love with these!!!

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

i absolutely love the way you have displayed them!! great idea!

http://inthehammockvintage.blogspot.com

Vicki said...

Thanks for hosting this party. So much fun and just full of inspirational ideas for Vday decorating.

dining table said...

Wow! This is really nice! I like vintage stuff and this is really something I would like to have.

Anonymous said...

So beautiful and classy!

Team Craftwell
ecraftbycraftwell.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

LOve love love

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails